The original Chez Paree club in Chicago, Illinois was located at located at 610 Fairbanks Court. The setting was a large dinner theater venue and featured large floor shows that featured some of the biggest names in entertainment in the day. The club was opened in 1932 by partners Mike Fritzel and Joe Jacobson, but due to financial difficulties, in 1949 the club was sold to a managing group of partners.
The showgirls, or regular dancers, by the Chez Paree were known as the Chez Paree Adorables. It do not know who their costumer was, but their performances featured beautiful specialty costumes.
The original site of the Chez Paree closed in 1960. In the mid-1960s a new Chez Paree was opened at 400 N. Wabash Avenue in Chicago, Illinois. This was the site of another famous Chicago club that had closed – The Silver Frolics. In fact, in the news service photo below, you can see that the Silver Frolics sign is still visible on the building.